Priorities

It's been a rough few weeks. It seems like in my life the hardest things always come alongside the happiest moments. I guess it's the cosmic sense of humour or some such thing. I'm getting married in less than a month and I'm absolutely thrilled - but in the last few months I've lost some people who were dear to me. And I've watched some people I really cared about suffer their own losses. It's hard to really focus on my happiness about the wedding with all of that swirling around, but I'm trying. I think that's the way the ones I've lost would have wanted it.

So I've fallen behind in my blogging and my novel is still waiting for me to find an editor, as I deal with who will sit with who and hunting down my MIA photographer. And I wonder sometimes if that's really where my focus should be, but then there are moments that make me realize that I'm right where I need to be. I was listening to "Then" by Brad Paisley tonight and that was one of those times. Sometimes you realize that celebrating love is just as important as mourning a loss.