Brazilian Butt Kick


I was at the gym today doing a lower body workout when I realized that the Brazilian butt lifts I was doing were seriously kicking my butt. I am definitely suffering from a post-holiday exercise slump. I did work out between Christmas and New Years, but nowhere near as much as I normally would. And I had been a pretty big slacker in the weeks leading up to the big event. There were parties to attend, shopping trips to take and holiday treats to consume – my exercise plan suffered.

I’m also missing my walk to the office. For almost ten years I have walked to work almost every single day. When I switched from the music industry to the non-profit sector I ended up in an office that was very close to my old one. That meant I added only another five minutes to my 45 minute walk into work. It was great exercise and it also made me feel really positive and grounded at the beginning of the day. Whenever I could, I would also walk home.

Losing that daily exercise along with my job has been tough. I try to walk as much as possible, and it’s now more than 20 minutes to get to my current gym (Christine’s Fitness and Personal Training on Yonge Street), so I get an extra boost whenever I go. Still, I need to find more time to walk. I’m hoping to get back to work very soon and that when I do it will be somewhere within walking distance. It’s so great to start the day with a brisk walk and it’s really helped me trim down my thighs and build my calf muscles.

The gym today was a wake-up call that I need to get my butt back in gear. Brazilian butt lifts are always going to be a bit of a butt kick, but the more I hit the gym, the less I’ll feel like I’ve been hit by a truck when I finish them!