Healthy Living Blogs that Rock

Ever since the great response to my post on parenting bloggers, I’ve been thinking more about the other blogs I read regularly. There are the ones from my wonderful friends (Blogger Virgin, Chantel Simmons and Janet) and there is Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s amazing blog on money matters.

Then there are the healthy living blogs. Since I tend to focus this blog on my quest to live a happy, healthy and balanced life, it should come as no surprise that I’m often inspired by other healthy-living bloggers. Two favourites that I’ve recently discovered are Healthy Tipping Point and Oh She Glows. While they are very different overall, they are both immensely inspiring.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point writes about her life as a runner, a healthy eater and an advocate for healthy body image. She has created Operation Beautiful, which is an amazing program to help inspire women to love the body they’re in. I am always inspired when I read about what she’s eating, when she’s running and how she’s managing her crazy schedule. And the Operation Beautiful stories that she shares are always uplifting. There is a real sense of community on her blog too, with amazing comments from so many of her readers.

Oh She Glows is a vegan cooking site that is full of beautiful photos and yummy looking healthy treats. Angela is recovering from disordered eating and has found her healthy path through vegan cooking and exercise. I may not be much of a cook, but I have already picked up a few ingredients to try her recipes and I’ve been increasingly inspired to try eating vegan. As a lapsed vegetarian, I’m excited by all the yummy possibilities. This year Angela is hoping to publish a cookbook and I hope that dream becomes a reality. Any publisher would be crazy to pass up the combo of food and photos that she has developed.

My blog may never be as well produced or as popular as Caitlin or Angela’s, but they continue to inspire me to write about my journey to live a healthy life. I hope that some of you will be inspired by them too! Do you have any healthy living blogs you love? It would be great to hear your suggestions!