New Beginnings

The blog has been sorely neglected as I make the transition from unemployed job seeker to working woman again. It’s been a bigger transition then I expected, with lots of the expected challenges as I learn a new job and adjust to a new routine. But I think it’s gone better then I could have anticipated.

So far the new job is fantastic and it allows me to continue to work in a field that supports and helps children. And it’s a short walk from my apartment and to my gym. That means I’ve been able to get back to going to the gym three days a week. It does mean that I lose the 45 minute daily walk that I had when I was at Invest in Kids and in the music business, which has definitely affected my cardio. I’ve actually started using the treadmill at the gym – a piece of equipment that I had avoided previously because I walked so much.

I’m still struggling a bit to take off the weight that crept back on during my job search, but it seems manageable. I went from a 10 to a 4 between 2009 and 2010, so going up to a 5-6 has been a bit depressing. But now that I’m on a nine-to-five schedule I feel like I’m better able to manage my eating and I think that will really help me shed those pounds again.

It’s excited to be starting a new job and feeling like I’m going in refreshed and ready. It’s nice to be happy, healthy and gainfully employed again.