Healthy Living Resources

Occasionally, I’ll have someone ask me about resources I use to keep up my healthy living. There are a few that I tend to recommend, depending on the issues that person is facing. Here are a few that I think are worth sharing.
 

1.        Clean Eating – I love Tosca Reno and think that her Clean Eating series is fantastic. The premise is simple – eat fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and lean meats. Avoid anything processed or containing refined sugar. Avoid alcohol. When I eat clean I always feel better, but I’ve learned that for me I need balance. I like to have a glass of wine or two sometimes, for example. But Clean Eating can be fit into any lifestyle and modified slightly if you aren’t willing to go at it full-on. Filling your body with healthy foods is a no-brainer and once you extract processed foods you will be amazed at how your body responds.

2.        Healthy Tipping Point – I’ve mentioned this blog before and I continue to send people to it all the time. I love Caitlyn and her amazingly healthy lifestyle. She’s currently pregnant and following along as she modifies her workouts and eating has been fascinating. She’s not running 10ks or doing tri-athalons at this stages, but she is certainly showing how easy it can be to have a fit, fantastic pregnancy. I look forward to following her on the journey to motherhood. This is a great blog for anyone who wants any inspiration for healthy eating, exercise and positive thinking.

3.        The Harvard Medical School Guide to A Good Night’s Sleep – If you, like me, have struggled with insomnia, this is a great resource. Some of it is advice you may have heard before, but hearing it from the minds at Harvard seems to make it ring true. I learned so much about sleep schedules and the science of sleep that I still use today – years after finishing the book.


There are many, many more resources I could think of, but that seems like a good start! I’ll blog about this topic again to add even more. Do you have any resources you suggest to friends? I’d love to hear about them.