Liquid Diet

One of the major lifestyle changes I’ve tried to make has been increasing the amount of water that I drink. It’s one of those things that seems simple in theory, but in practice I’ve found incredibly difficult – and my tiny bladder doesn’t help.

To help my overall hydration levels, I’ve started taking Tosca Reno’s advice to drink a glass of water first-thing in the morning. She’s certainly not alone in that thinking and, it would seem, with good reason. In the months since I took that simple step, I’ve definitely felt better and more hydrated. The trouble for me comes when I then have to maintain a level of water intake throughout the day. I try to keep a large, glass water bottle on my desk at all times and I do my best to fill it and drink from it all day. It’s not always easy to remember, though. To help, I’ve created a spot on my ‘to do’ list where I can check off the numbers of bottles of water I get through in a day. I aim for three water bottles full during the work day – sometimes I manage that, but often I don’t.

I know that water intake can come from other things too – grapes, watermelon and juice are all hydrating and sometimes they’re easier to consume, but I’m trying to keep up with the water. When you’re properly hydrated you just feel better and you see the benefits in your skin and hair.  I know it’s the right thing to do – I just have to work harder at doing it.

Do you have any tips for how you keep your water consumption up? I’d love any tips!