Wines of Summer


When the weather gets hot, I tend to think Rosé, Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc and this year is no different. Here are some wines I think might make good summer sippers for your patio over the next few months..

Chateau des Charmes 2012 Cuvée D'Andrée Estate-Bottled Rosé

Michèle Bosc has warned me that there isn’t very much of this lovely pink wine left, so I have a few bottles in my cellar to make it through the summer. If you have the chance, I highly recommend that you pick up one or more to add an elegant touch to your patio party. It's got a nice hint of sweetness while still being dry and it's much fruitier on the palate than I expected with strawberry, raspberry and a touch of peppery spice. I love the nose, which has citrus, red berries, candy apple and spicy cherry.



Flat Rock 2012 Riesling

Peach, peach and more peach hit me when I reviewed this for WineAlign and I fell hard for this lovely, light Riesling. Lots of fruit on the nose and crisp and refreshing on the palate, this is going to be one of my go-to wines for evenings out on our patio.

Creekside Backyard Block Sauvignon Blanc

I’m a pretty big fan of all things Creekside and this Sauvignon Blanc is no exception. It has a great aromatic nose with lots of tropical and citrus fruits and I think it’s a perfect white for light, summer dishes and chicken off the grill. This is probably too light for red meat BBQ, but you could always grab a bottle of their new Rosé if burgers are on your menu.









* All photos from this post are from the websites of the wineries profiled.